Someone who falls alone is in real trouble (Ecclesiastes 4:10; NLT).
1. I reach out for your peace, Lord God,
When troubles overcome me.
2. I reach out for your shining light
When darkness hides my way.
3. I reach out for your perfect truth
When lies are overwhelming.
4. I reach out for your constant love
When hatred wins the day.
5. I reach out for your raging fire
When evil overtakes me.
6. I reach out for your ceaseless hope
When no one hears my plea.
7. I reach out for your steady faith
When all my trust has vanished.
8. I reach out for your hand, Lord God –
And you reach out to me.
Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith, “ he said, “why did you doubt me”? (Matthew 14:31; NIV).
1. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
Troubles without number have surrounded me (Psalm 40:12; CSB).
2. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
The way of the wicked is like total darkness (Proverbs 4:19; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
All day long they scheme and lie (Psalm 38:12; NIV).
4. God is love (1 John 4:16; NLT).
Hatred stirs up conflict (Proverbs 10:12; NIV).
5. God is a raging fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; GW).
“They have infuriated me with all their evil deeds,” says the Lord (Jeremiah 32:30; NLT).
You will see what an evil, bitter thing it is to abandon the Lord your God (Jeremiah 2:19; NLT).
6. God [is] the source of hope (Romans 15:13; NLT).
There is no one who hears your words (Isaiah 41:26; NKJV).
7. The promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift (Romans 4:16; NLT).
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? (Psalm 22:1; NLT).
8. Then he [Jesus] said to Thomas, […] “Reach out your hand” (John 20:27; NIV).
You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me (Psalm 138:7; NLT).