Image: Marc Wintrup, Pixabay
1. Even on the darkest night, Lord God,
Your stars shine far above.
2. Even when they’re veiled by clouds,
They sing together of your love.
3. Even though my eyes grow dim, Lord God,
My faith and hope burn bright,
4. For, when I no longer see them,
You, instead, will be my light.
1. It is the Lord who provides the sun to light the day and the moon and stars to light the night (Jeremiah 31:35; NLT).
2. The terrible storm raged for many days, blotting out the sun and the stars (Acts 27:20; NLT).
In the singing together of stars of morning […] all sons of God shout for joy (Job 38:7; YLT).
God is love (1 John 4:16; NLT).
3. Remember him before the light of the sun, moon, and stars is dim to your old eyes, and rain clouds continually darken your sky (Ecclesiastes 12:2; NLT).
Blessed are those who believe without seeing me (John 20:29; NLT).
Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God” Mark 11:22; NLT).
I will put my hope in God (Psalm 42:5; NLT).
4. He was an old man now and could no longer see (1 Kings 14:4; NLT).
I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life (John 8:12; NLT).
Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light (Micah 7:8; NLT).
Lord is my light and my salvation (Psalm 27:1; NLT).