It is useless for you to fight against my will (Acts 26:14; NLT).
1. We cannot fight you, Lord,
Shining on us
Day and night.
2. We cannot fight you, Lord,
Will never cease.
3. We cannot fight you, Lord,
You send your Spirit
4. We cannot fight you, Lord,
Expressed in Jesus
From his youth.
5. We cannot fight you Lord,
You’re Love: Your Kingdom come; Your will be done.
1. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
The city does not need the sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light (Revelation 21:23; NIV).
2. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
His government and its peace will never end (Isaiah 9:7; NLT).
3. God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; NIV).
What looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability (Acts 2:3-4; NLT).
4. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form (Colossians 2:9; NIV).
A child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6; NLT).
5. God is love (1 John 4:16; NIV).
The Lord your God is the supreme God of the heavens above and the earth below (Joshua 2:11; NLT).
May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10; NLT).
Search me, O God, and know my heart (Psalm 139:23; NLT).
1. Search me, Lord,
Then live within,
And help me fight
Each urge to sin.
2. Search my mind,
I beg you; stay
To help me keep
Mean thoughts at bay.
3. Search my heart,
In me, and help me
Face each test.
4. Search my soul,
Make it your home,
Then, Lord, I’ll be
Your flesh and bone.
1. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them (1 John 4:16; NIV).
Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak (Mark 14:38; NLT).
2. I, the Lord, search the heart and examine the mind (Jeremiah 17:10; NIV).
We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5; NIV).
3. The Lord tests the heart (Proverbs 17:3; NLT).
Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
4. The word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Hebrews 4:12; NIV).
Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them” (John 14:23; NLT).
All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it (1 Corinthians 12:27; NLT).
The Spirit of God lives in you (1 Corinthians 3:16; NLT).