In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form
(Colossians 2:9; NIV).
1. Christ is light in human form:
The light that leads to life.
2. Christ is fire in flesh and blood,
Consuming greed and vice.
3. Christ is truth personified:
As honest as the day.
4. Christ is peace made manifest;
He is our peaceful way.
5. Christ is God incarnate here,
His Spirit, like a dove,
6. Descends from heaven, revealing that
The King of kings is love.
1. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life (John 8:12; NLT).
2. God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; NIV).
I have come to set the world on fire (Luke 12:49; NLT).
Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers’ coins over the floor, and turned over their tables (John 2:15; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
Jesus told him, “I am […] the truth” (John 14:6; NLT).
4. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
The Dayspring from on high has visited us […] to guide our feet into the way of peace (Luke 1:78-9; NKJV).
Jesus told him, “I am the way” (John 14:6; NLT).
5. Christ is the visible image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15; NLT).
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being (Hebrews 1:3; NIV).
Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! (John 14:9; NLT).
6. When he had been baptised, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:16-17; NKJV).