I create the light and make the darkness
(Isaiah 45:7; NLT).
1. Sunrise over waking mountains,
Tender, glowing, rose-pink sky;
2. God pours out his light and glory,
Stooping down, to hear each sigh.
3. Sunset over hills and valleys;
Shining, fading, dying day;
4. God spreads out his sacred darkness,
Stooping down, to hear us pray.
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world (Psalm 19:1-4; NLT).
1. God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light (Genesis 1:3; NLT).
2. The glory of the Lord rises to shine on you (Isaiah 60:1; NLT).
He bends down to listen (Psalm 116:2; NLT).
3. You send the darkness, and it becomes night (Psalm 104:20; NLT).
4. He made darkness his covering (Psalm 18:11; RSV).
Clouds and thick darkness surround him (Psalm 97:2; NIV).
He stoops to look down on heaven and on earth (Psalm 113:6; NLT).
You will pray to him, and he will hear you (Job 22:27; NLT).