I walk by faith,
I hear no voice;
I see no light.
Please help me, Father – Take my hand, And lead me To your Promised Land.
I live by faith,
I walk, alone,
Through endless night.
Please help me, Father – Guide my feet, And lead me to Your Mercy Seat.
1. We walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7; NKJV).
Help me, O Lord (Psalm 30:10; NLT).
I will take you by the hand and guard you (Isaiah 42:6; NLT).
I will lead you to a land flowing with milk and honey (Exodus 3:17; NLT).
When Pharaoh finally let the people go, God did not lead them along the main road that runs through Philistine territory, even though that was the shortest route to the Promised Land (Exodus 13:17; NLT).
2. We live by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7; NET).
If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God (Isaiah 50:10; NLT).
Come quickly, Lord, and help me (Psalm 40:13; NLT).
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path (Psalm 119:105; NLT).
God publicly displayed him [Jesus] at his death as the mercy seat accessible through faith (Romans 3:25; NET).
Hello everyone. I pray for you all. Yesterday I was admitted to hospital as an emergency, so please forgive any shortcomings in my blogs, or my posting-times over the next few days. With love from Ruth xxxxxx
Image: Kranich17, Pixabay
The dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it
(Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
1. One day
I will rest again
By your side.
2. One day
I will walk again
With you, Lord,
As my guide.
3. One day
I will run again
Restored and free.
4. One day
I will dance again –
Then you will dance
He will wipe every tear from their eyes,
and there will be no more death or sorrow
or crying or pain.
All these things are gone forever
(Revelation 21:3-4; NLT).
1. Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28; NLT).
The Lord will be at your side (Proverbs 3:26; NIV).
2. Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength […] They will walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:31; NLT).
I will guide you (Psalm 32:8; NLT).
3. They will run and not grow weary (Isaiah 40:31; NLT).
He restores my soul (Psalm 23:3; NKJV).
The oppressed will be set free (Luke 4:18; NLT).
4. You will again be happy and dance merrily (Jeremiah 31:4; NLT).
God will redeem me from the realm of the dead; he will surely take me to himself (Psalm 49:15; NIV).
My beloved is mine and I am his (Song of Songs 2:16; NIV).
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path
(Psalm 119:105; NLT).
1. May I find my feet, Lord,
As a Christian,
Trusting you, alone,
To be my guide.
2. May I roll my sleeves up,
As a Christian,
Serving you in others,
3. May I do my best, Lord,
As a Christian,
Loving you in others,
4. May I stand my ground, Lord,
As a Christian,
Growing more like you,
Till we are one.
1. Trust in God (John 14:1; NLT).
Guide me in your truth (Psalm 25:5; NIV).
2. He got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him (John 13:4-5; NLT).
Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all” (Mark 9:35; NIV).
Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40; NIV).
3. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15; NLT).
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT).
Everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too (1 John 5:1; NLT).
Love your neighbour as yourself (Luke 10:27; NLT).
Love the stranger (Deuteronomy 10:19; NKJV).
Show love to foreigners (Deuteronomy 10:19; NLT).
Love your enemies (Matthew 5:44; NLT).
4. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armour of God’s righteousness (Ephesians 6:14; NLT).
We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
God has united you with Christ Jesus (1 Corinthians 1:30; NLT).
There is […] one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:4,6; NLT).
1. There’s a Friend
Who walks beside us;
There’s a light
That goes ahead.
2. There’s a Father
Watching over us,
Our daily bread.
3. There’s a Spirit
Living through us,
Helping us to trust
4. There’s a still, small voice
Saying, “Look! This is the way!”
1. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me (Psalm 23:4; NLT).
The Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by night (Exodus 13:21; NIV).
2. The Lord himself watches over you (Psalm 121:5; NLT).
He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you” (Luke 22:19; NIV).
3. Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19; NLT).
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13; NLT).
The Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words (Romans 8:26; NRSV).
4. After the fire [came] a still small voice (1 Kings 19:12; KJV).
Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, “This is the way you should go” (Isaiah 30:21; NLT).