Many of his disciples turned away and deserted him. Then Jesus turned to the Twelve and asked, “Are you also going to leave?” Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life.”
(John 6:66-8; NLT).
I want to spend my life with you,
Absorbing all you say,
And watching how you talk with those
We meet along the way.
I want to spend my life with you:
One flesh; one soul; one mind;
To make my home within your heart,
And love all humankind.
I want to spend my life with you, To share your grief and pain,
And help to bear your heavy cross:
Then I’ll be born again.
Unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.
(John 3:3; NLT).
I will put my dwelling-place among you
(Leviticus 26:11; NIV).
1. May my flesh, Lord, be a tent,
Where you encamp in light.
Then I’ll spend all my days with you,
And rest with you at night.
2. May my mind, Lord, be a fort,
Where you establish peace.
Then I will pray, rejoice in you,
And worship without cease.
3. May my heart, Lord, be a home,
Where you outpour your love.
Then you will be my inner voice,
And help me to do good.
4. May my soul, Lord, be a shrine,
Where you preside, in grace.
Then you will be my Comforter,
And I your dwelling-place.
1. We know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself (2 Corinthians 5:1; NLT).
I have always moved from one place to another with a tent and a Tabernacle as my dwelling (2 Samuel 7:6; NLT).
Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light (Micah 7:8; NLT).
Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them (1 John 4:16; NIV).
2. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my saviour; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety (2 Samuel 22:2-3; NLT).
Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
Rejoice in the Lord (Psalm 32:11; NLT).
You must fear the Lord your God and worship him (Deuteronomy 10:20; NLT).
3. Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them” (John 14:23; NLT).
With the Lord there is unfailing love. His redemption overflows (Psalm 130:7; NLT).
After the fire [there came] a still small voice (1 Kings 19:12; KJV).
Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone (Galatians 6:10; NLT).
4. You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).
Just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God’s wonderful grace rules instead (Romans 5:21; NLT).
I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever (John 14:16; KJV).
I will comfort you (Isaiah 66:13; NKJV).
My dwelling-place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people (Ezekiel 37:27; NIV).