Image: Sergei Tokmakov, Pixabay
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
(Genesis 1:1; NLT).
1. May I walk with care,
For all the earth is sacred.
2. May I walk with tears of joy,
For I am heaven-bound.
3. May I walk with deep respect,
For you, Lord, live in all you make.
4. May I walk with humble love,
For I’m on holy ground.
Image: Jasmin Sessler, Pixabay
1. The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it (Genesis 2:15; NIV).
The whole earth is filled with his glory! (Isaiah 6:3; NLT).
2. Tears of joy will stream down their faces, and I will lead them home with great care (Jeremiah 31:9; NLT).
The dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NLT).
3. I am the Lord, who made all things (Isaiah 44:24; NLT).
God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good (Genesis 1:31; NLT).
There is […] one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
4. Walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:8; NLT).
Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children, and walk in the way of love (Ephesians 5:2; NIV).
“Do not come any closer,” the Lord warned. “Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground” (Exodus 3:5; NLT).