At last, the people will look to their Creator
(Isaiah 17:7; NLT).
1. Bear all God sends
Until life ends,
For when we sigh,
He hears our cry.
2. And though each soul
Has missed its goal,
Our heavenly King
Still waits within.
3. So, face the past,
Then say, at last: Your kingdom come; Your will be done.
4. God shares our woes;
His mercy flows:
He will forgive;
Then we will live!
1. My sickness is incurable, but I must bear it (Jeremiah 10:19; NLT).
Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble? (Job 2:10; NIV).
While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh (2 Corinthians 5:4; NLT).
He hears their cries for help (Psalm 145:19; NLT).
2. Everyone has sinned; we all fall far short of God’s glorious standard (Romans 3:23; NLT).
The Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion (Isaiah 30:18; NLT).
The kingdom of God is within you (Luke 17:21; KJV).
3. When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone (Psalm 32:5; NLT).
At last they will know and understand that I am the Lord (Jeremiah 16:21; NLT).
Your kingdom come, your will be done (Matthew 6:9-10; NIV).
4. In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
In his love and mercy he redeemed them (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
He forgives all my sins (Psalm 103:2; NLT).
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10; NLT).
In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form
(Colossians 2:9; NIV).
1. Christ is light in human form:
The light that leads to life.
2. Christ is fire in flesh and blood,
Consuming greed and vice.
3. Christ is truth personified:
As honest as the day.
4. Christ is peace made manifest;
He is our peaceful way.
5. Christ is God incarnate here,
His Spirit, like a dove,
6. Descends from heaven, revealing that
The King of kings is love.
1. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life (John 8:12; NLT).
2. God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; NIV).
I have come to set the world on fire (Luke 12:49; NLT).
Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers’ coins over the floor, and turned over their tables (John 2:15; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
Jesus told him, “I am […] the truth” (John 14:6; NLT).
4. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
The Dayspring from on high has visited us […] to guide our feet into the way of peace (Luke 1:78-9; NKJV).
Jesus told him, “I am the way” (John 14:6; NLT).
5. Christ is the visible image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15; NLT).
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being (Hebrews 1:3; NIV).
Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! (John 14:9; NLT).
6. When he had been baptised, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:16-17; NKJV).