The Lord must wait for you to come to him
so he can show you his love and compassion (Isaiah 30:18; NLT).
Keep on seeking and you will find (Luke 11:9; NLT).
1. Your sacred lamp
Burns low in us,
Just waiting to be seen;
2. Your blissful peace
Endures in us,
Though trouble reigns supreme.
3. Your joyous truth
Survives in us,
Just waiting to be known;
4. Your perfect love
Stands by in us
To change our hearts of stone.
5. Your glowing embers
Stir in us,
Just waiting to ignite;
6. Your precious Son
Remains in us
To guide, and to delight.
7. Your Holy Ghost
Marks time in us,
Just waiting to appear;
8. Your still, small voice
Sighs in us, Lord –
If only we would hear.
1. God is light (1 John 1:5; NLT).
2. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
4. God is love (1 John 4:16; NLT).
I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26; NIV).
5. The Lord your God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; NIV).
6. Christ lives within you (Romans 8:10; NLT).
I will remain in you (John 15:4; NLT).
7. You have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you (1 John 2:27; NLT).
8. After the fire [came] a still small voice (1 Kings 19:12; NKJV).
The Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words (Romans 8:26; NRSV).
Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts (Hebrews 4:7; NLT).