Image: Francesco Paggiaro, Pexels
1. Why do we long for beauty, Lord,
While you hold out forgiveness?
2. Why do we thirst for luxuries,
While you pour out your blood?
3. Why do we dream of riches,
While you offer us salvation?
4. Why do we yearn to see the world,
While you wait in us all, with love?
1. Beauty does not last (Proverbs 31:30; NLT).
You are a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry, and rich in unfailing love (Nehemiah 9:17; NLT).
2. You have lived on earth in luxury, satisfying your every desire. You have fattened yourselves for the day of slaughter (James 5:5; NLT).
This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins (Matthew 26:28; NIV).
3. A person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God (Luke 12:21; NLT).
If the Gentiles were enriched because the people of Israel turned down God’s offer of salvation, think how much greater a blessing the world will share when they finally accept it (Romans 11:12; NLT).
4. The younger son gathered together all he had and travelled to a distant country, where he squandered his estate in foolish living (Luke 15:13; CSB).
The Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion (Isaiah 30:18; NLT).
You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).