Don’t you realise that all of you together are the temple of God
and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
(1 Corinthians 3:16; NLT).
1. The Ark held your stone tablets, Lord,
Three thousand years ago:
The sacred ten commandments,
Out of which the law would grow;
2. A golden jar of manna,
Made of dewfall, white as frost,
And Aaron’s rod: these precious things
Were pearls beyond all cost.
3. The Ark dwelt in your Temple, Lord,
The symbol of your might,
To represent your presence
With the people, day and night.
4. But then, in time, the Ark was lost,
So you, Lord, sent your Son,
Born of Mary here on earth:
The Christ, your holy One.
5. Through him, your Spirit lives in us,
Within each mind and heart,
So we can spread your loving care,
For we are now your Ark.
1. This Ark contained the gold jar of manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant (Hebrews 9:4; NIV).
2. The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it (Matthew 13:45; NRSV).
3. Arise, O Lord God, and enter your resting place, along with the Ark, the symbol of your power (2 Chronicles 6:41; NLT).
4. When the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law (Galatians 4:4; NLT).
5. The Spirit of God lives in you (1 Corinthians 3:16; NLT).
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love (Galatians 5:6; NIV).
All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it (1 Corinthians 12:27; NLT).