1. In my mind, there is a forest pool
Where I can glimpse your peace.
It stirs, deep, and mysterious,
While mirroring the trees.
2. In my heart, there is a shady pool
Where I can glimpse your love:
Unfailing, pure, immeasurable;
As rich, and dark, as blood.
3. In my soul, there is a hidden pool
Where I can glimpse your face.
It shines with mercy, care, compassion,
Glory, truth, and grace.
4. May my eyes become like quiet pools
Where all can glimpse your light,
And see themselves reflected there
As precious in your sight.
1. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters (Genesis 1:2; KJV).
An angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up the water (John 5:4; NKJV).
2. God is love (1 John 4:16; NLT).
He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us […] raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness towards us (Ephesians 2:4,6-7; ESV).
3. They will see his face (Revelation 22:4; NLT).
You, O Lord, are a God of compassion and mercy (Psalm 86:15; NLT).
The Lord our God has shown us his glory (Deuteronomy 5:24; NLT).
The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
The grace of God has been revealed (Titus 2:11; NLT).
4. Your eyes are like the sparkling pools in Heshbon (Song of Songs 7:4; NLT).
God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
You are precious and honoured in my sight (Isaiah 43:4; NIV).
1. I love you, Lord,
Please help me
By forgiving all my sins,
2. By healing me,
And saving me,
And giving my soul wings.
3. I love you, Lord,
Please help me
By redeeming me from death,
4. And crowning me
With mercy, Lord,
Beyond my final breath.
1. I love you, Lord (Psalm 18:1; NLT).
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy (Psalm 28:7; NLT).
He forgives all my sins, and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! (Psalm 103:2-5; NLT).
2. Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners (1 Timothy 1:15; NLT).
Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles (Isaiah 40:31; NLT).
3. God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave (Psalm 49:15; NKJV).
4. The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).