Don’t use your freedom as an excuse to do evil.
(1 Peter 2:16; NLT).
Let true justice prevail (Deuteronomy 16:20; NLT).
1. We pray for world-wide justice, Lord:
For shame about the lies we’ve spun;
For confession, and contrition
As we weep for what we’ve done.
2. We pray for widespread mercy, Lord: For sorrow that we’ve used brute force;
For repentance, and forgiveness
As we face our deep remorse.
3. We pray for global fairness, Lord: For readiness to love our foe;
For penance, and for reparation
As we pay back all we owe.
4. We pray for perfect wisdom, Lord:
For faith and hope; an end to war;
For reconciliation, truth
And peace on earth, for evermore.
The Lord will mediate between nations and will settle international disputes. They will hammer their swords into ploughshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will no longer fight against nation, nor train for war any more (Isaiah 2:4; NLT).
You have shattered the yoke that burdens them, the bar across their shoulders, the rod of their oppressor. Every warrior’s boot used in battle and every garment rolled in blood will be destined for burning, will be fuel for the fire. For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end (Isaiah 9:4-7; NIV).
The Lord is full of tenderness and mercy (James 5:11; NLT).
1. Close your eyes to seek Christ’s face:
Full of mercy, light and grace.
2. Lift your gaze to catch his smile:
He won’t censure or revile.
3. Look at him, and watch his love
Pouring down from heaven above.
4. Talk with Christ; ask him to heal:
He will know just how you feel.
5. Your faith, your doubts, your hopes, your fears,
Your suffering throughout the years –
6. He sees, and knows, and shares them all:
Each loss, each pain, each grief, each fall.
7. He sees, and knows, and shares each one:
Our Lord, who died for us – God’s Son.
8. At last, receive his healing touch: Rejoice! He loves you very much.
He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
1. I will see you face to face (Psalm 17:15; NLT).
2. The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbour his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities (Psalm 103:8-10; NIV).
3. No power in the sky above or in the earth below – indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:39; NLT).
4. I love the Lord because he hears my voice (Psalm 116:1; NLT).
5. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all the same testings we do (Hebrews 4:15; NLT).
6. O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me(Psalm 139:1; NLT).
7. In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were sinners (Romans 5:8; NLT).
8. I am the Lord, who heals you (Exodus 15:27; NIV).
Hear my prayer, O Lord, and let my cry come unto thee. (Psalm 102:1; KJV).
1. Hear my heartfelt prayer, Lord God:
End our greed and hatred.
Take away our minds of stone,
And make our thinking like your own:
Loving; joyous; full of peace – Help us, I implore you.
2. Hear my earnest prayer, Lord God:
Turn us from all evil.
Take away our hearts of stone,
And make our passions like your own:
Patient; kindly; generous – Till everyone adores you.
3. Hear my urgent prayer, Lord God:
Forgive our sins; have mercy.
Take away our souls of stone,
And give us spirits like your own:
Faithful; gentle; self-controlled – Then all will bow before you.
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-3; NRSV).
Bow down and worship the Lord (Ezekiel 46:3; NLT).
1. The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. Do all these evildoers know nothing? They devour my people as though eating bread; they never call on the Lord (Psalm 14:2-4; NIV).
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:5; NKJV).
All of you should be of one mind. Sympathise with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it (1 Peter 3:8-9; NLT).
2. Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it (Psalm 34:14; NIV).
I will give you a new heart … I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26; NIV).
I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever (Jeremiah 32:39; NLT).
Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things (1 Chronicles 29:11; NLT).
3. Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously (Isaiah 55:7; NLT).
I will …put a new spirit in you (Ezekiel 36:26; NIV).
We have all been baptised into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13. NLT).
The Lord – who is the Spirit – makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image (2 Corinthians 3:18; NLT).
Repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.
(Acts 3:19; NLT).
I’m truly sorry for my sins:
Please help me
To apologise today.
You know I’m sorry for my sins:
Be merciful –
Forgive me now, I pray.
I’m deeply sorry for my sins:
Please let me feel your presence,
4. Lord, You know I’m sorry for my sins:
Please strengthen me –
Then I will sin no more.
Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers?
Didn’t even one of them condemn you?” “No, Lord,” she said.
And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”
(John 8:10-11; NLT).
1. If you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God (Matthew 5:23-4; NLT).
2. Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognise my rebellion; it haunts me day and night (Psalm 51:1-3; NLT).
Forgive us our sins (Luke 11:4; NLT).
3. O Lord, you have driven me from your presence. Yet I will look once more toward your holy Temple (Jonah 2:4; NLT).
4. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit (Ephesians 3:16; NLT).
Give your strength to your servant (Psalm 86:16; NLT).
Why don’t people say to God, ‘I have sinned, but I will sin no more’? (Job 43:31; NLT).