And the star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was (Matthew 2:9; NLT).
1. One star, so bright;
One birth, one light.
2. One Son, so dear;
One truth, so clear.
3. One path, so short;
One gospel taught.
4. One Man, so brave;
One Lord, our slave.
5. One night, so dark;
One fear, so stark.
6. One hope, so small;
One cup of gall.
7. One life, so hard;
One flesh, so scarred.
8. One cross, so high;
One final cry.
9. One tomb, so cold;
One flash of gold!
10. One God, so good;
One path of love.
Image: Viola, Pixabay
1. While they were there, the time came for her to be delivered. And she gave birth to her first-born son and wrapped him in swaddling-cloths, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn (Luke 2:6-7; RSV).
I am the light of the world (John 8:12; NLT).
2. This is my dearly loved Son. Listen to him (Mark 9:7; NLT).
3. I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me (John 14:6; NLT).
4. Whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else (Mark 10:44; NLT).
5. Being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground (Luke 22:44; NIV).
6. If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine (Matthew 26:39; NLT).
7. The gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life (Matthew 7:14; RSV).
He ordered Jesus flogged with a lead-tipped whip (Mark 15:15; NLT).
8. Then the soldiers nailed him to the cross (Mark 15:24; NLT).
About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?”(which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46; NIV).
And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, he said, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” Having said this, he breathed his last (Luke 23:46; NKJV).
9. He took the body down from the cross and wrapped it in a long sheet of linen cloth and laid it in a new tomb that had been carved out of rock (Luke 23:53; NLT).
Very early on the Sunday morning the women went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. They found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance. So they went in, but they didn’t find the body of the Lord Jesus. As they stood there puzzled, two men suddenly appeared to them, clothed in dazzling robes (Luke 24:1-4; NLT).
10. The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! (Deuteronomy 6:4; NASB).
Only God is truly good (Luke 18:19; NLT).
Follow the way of love (1 Corinthians 14:1; NIV).
Love is the fulfilment of the law (Romans 13:10; NIV).
Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely, the one who shared my food, has turned against me (Psalm 41:9; NLT).
1. My path is very dark;
I put my trust in you.
2. May I love my enemies
In all I say and do.
3. Help me to forgive all those
By whom I am reviled,
4. And though my heart is broken, Lord,
May we be reconciled.
Father, forgive them,
for they don’t know what they are doing
(Luke 23:34; NLT).
1. If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God (Isaiah 50:10; NLT).
2. Love your enemies (Luke 6:27; NLT).
I will watch what I do and not sin in what I say (Psalm 39:1; NLT).
We will speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
Do everything with love (1 Corinthians 16:14; NLT).
3. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us (Luke 11:4; NLT).
My adversaries revile me (Psalm 42:10; NASB).
4. My heart is broken (Lamentations 1:20; NLT).
If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying, “I repent,” you must forgive them (Luke 17:3-4; NIV).
1. There is no other path for me
Dear Son of Man.
2. There is no other truth for me
God’s Holy Lamb.
3. There is no other love for me
Our constant Guide.
4. There is no other life for me
1,2,4. Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6; NLT).
3. God is love (1 John 4:16; NLT).
4. Oh that you would choose life, so that your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life (Deuteronomy 30:19-20; NLT).
We preach Christ crucified (1 Corinthians 1:23; NIV).