1. Trust in God.
His will is perfect,
And his timing
2. Trust in God.
His love is perfect:
3. Trust in God.
His way is perfect;
All his promises
4. Trust in God.
His peace is perfect;
He will help
And comfort you.
Your Father in heaven is perfect
(Matthew 5:48; NLT).
1. Don’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect (Romans 12:2; NLT).
When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners (Romans 5:6; NLT).
2. Perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love (1 John 4:18; NLT).
Because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father” (Galatians 4:6; NLT).
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want (Psalm 23:1; KJV).
He is my advocate (1 Samuel 24:15; NLT).
3. God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true (2 Samuel 22:31; NLT).
4. You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you (Isaiah 26:3; NLT).
He helps me (Psalm 28:7; NLT).
Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me (Psalm 23:4; KJV).
The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you (Deuteronomy 33:27; NLT).
1. Crossing the desert,
We walk side by side –
Lord, you protect me,
You comfort, and guide.
2. Crossing the mountains,
Deep valleys below –
You climb at my pace, Lord,
Though I am so slow.
3. Crossing the lake,
You reach out for my hand –
I’m sinking, Lord, terrified,
Far from dry land.
4. Crossing the sea,
You take hold of my arm –
No matter what happens,
I’m safe from all harm.
Into your hands I commit my spirit
(Psalm 31:5; NIV).
1. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect me and comfort me (Psalm 23:4; NLT).
He guides me along right paths (Psalm 23:3; NLT).
2. Give glory to the Lord your God before it is too late. Acknowledge him before he brings darkness upon you, causing you to stumble and fall on the darkening mountains (Jeremiah 13:16; NLT).
He gently leads those that have young (Isaiah 40:11; NIV).
3. The disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves (Matthew 14:24; NLT).
Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted. Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him (Matthew 29-31; NLT).
4. He led Israel across the sea as if it were a desert (Psalm 106:9; NLT).
I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely (Psalm 63:8; NLT).
This short dialogue is the starting-point for today’s prayer:
Moses:Show me your glorious presence.
God: I will make all my goodness pass before you. But you may not look directly at my face, for no one may see me and live. Look, stand near me on this rock. As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by (Exodus 33:18-22; NLT).
1. With thick clouds, Lord, you shield me
From your glory,
While you dwell within my flesh,
To give me life.
2. With shadows, you protect me
From your brilliance,
While you dwell within my mind,
To give me light.
3. With darkness, you preserve me
From your power,
While you dwell within my heart,
To give me rest;
4. And though my anguish
Blinds me to your presence,
You dwell within my soul,
So I am blest.
1. Thick clouds swirl about him (Job 22:14; NIV).
God is my shield (Psalm 7:10; NLT).
There is […] one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
He himself gives life and breath to everything (Acts 17:25; NLT).
2. He has hidden me in the shadow of his hand (Isaiah 49:2; NLT).
He […] protects those who suffer (Job:11; NLT).
His face was like the sun in all its brilliance (Revelation 1:16; NLT).
The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness (Psalm 18:28; NLT).
3. He shrouded himself in darkness (2 Samuel 22:12; NLT).
The Lord preserves the simple (Psalm 116:6; RSV).
All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his (Jude 1:25; NLT).
I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28; NLT).
4. How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? (Psalm 13:2; NLT).
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? (Psalm 22:1; NLT).
My eyes are blinded by my tears (Psalm 88:9; NLT).
You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).
God blesses those who are poor in spirit, and realise their need for him (Matthew 5:3; NLT).
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation (James 1:12; NLT).