There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28; NLT).
‘Self’ is only an illusion;
‘Me’ and ‘you’, a deep delusion.
‘Us’ and ‘them’ are meaningless:
All God conceives is one.
For he is over all he makes, And dwells in all he procreates;
To claim autonomy, absurd:
All God begets is one.
For he adores all he sustains, And lives through all that he maintains.
Three-fold, in unity, he reigns:
All God brings forth is one.
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:4-6; NLT).
No one can lay any foundation
other than the one we already have – Jesus Christ
(1 Corinthians 3:11; NLT).
1. We have to lose our faith
For it to grow.
2. Time after time,
All that we think we know
3. Will fail,
And we will have to build again,
4. Learning from Christ’s example,
Death, and reign,
5. Until our grasp
Of all he taught matures –
6. Then, grounded in love for all,
Our faith endures.
1. Anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins (Luke 6:49; NLT).
When your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow (James 1:3; NLT).
2. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them (Luke 8:18; NLT).
3. I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to me, strengthen your brethren (Luke 22:32; NKJV).
From the ruins I will rebuild it (Amos 9:11; NLT).
4. Learn from me (Matthew 11:29; NIV).
Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us (Ephesians 5:2; NLT).
The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David, and he will reign over Israel forever; his Kingdom will never end (Luke 1:32-3; NLT).
5. [I pray] that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith [and] that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may […] know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge (Ephesians 3:17-19; RSV).
This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ (Ephesians 4:13; NLT).
6. Supplement your faith […] with love for everyone (2 Peter 1:5,7; NLT).
Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught (Colossians 2:7; NLT).