Image: Sebastian Kolpert, Pixabay
1. Life brings trials and suffering,
But hardest of them all
Is living without faith in God
When we reject his call.
2. Life brings riches, fame, success;
We think these things are good,
But we don’t see how poor we are
When we reject his love.
3. Life brings failure, loss, regret,
Which we will have to bear,
And we must face them all alone
When we reject his care.
4. Life brings battles, thrills, and spills —
We think we’re doing well,
But when we spurn the Lord, our God,
We truly live in hell.
1. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honour him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant any more” (Ecclesiastes 12:1; NLT).
The fool says in his heart, “There is no God” (Psalm 14:1; NIV).
2. You say, “I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.” But you do not realise that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked (Revelation 3:17; NIV).
3. When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one as well as the other (Ecclesiastes 7:14; NIV).
Remember him – before the silver cord is severed, and the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, and the wheel broken at the well, and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it
(Ecclesiastes 12:6-7; NIV).
They do not fear God (Psalm 55:19; NLT).
The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. Do all these evildoers know nothing? They devour my people as though eating bread; they never call on the Lord (Psalm 14:2-4; NIV).
4. The people replied, “Don’t waste your breath. We will continue to live as we want to, stubbornly following our own evil desires (Jeremiah 18:12; NLT).
You lived in this world without God and without hope (Ephesians 2:12; NLT).
She says to him, “Stolen water is sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.” But he does not know that the dead are there, that her guests are in the depths of hell (Proverbs 9:16-18; NKJV).
You will see what an evil, bitter thing it is to abandon the Lord your God (Jeremiah 2:19; NLT).
There is a great chasm separating us. No one can cross over to you from here, and no one can cross over to us from there (Luke 16:27; NLT).
Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell (Matthew 10:28; NLT).