1. Look at your sorrow,
Your pain, and your fear;
Then take God’s right hand,
For the Father is near.
2. Look at your body,
Your mind, and your heart;
Then take a step back,
And let God play his part.
3. Look at your setting,
Wherever you are;
Then move further back,
And observe from afar.
4. Look at your country,
Your continent, too;
Then shift further back,
For a much wider view.
5. Look at our planet,
The moon, stars, and sun;
Then go further back,
Till you see all is one.
6. Look at the universe,
God’s boundless space;
Then draw further back,
To behold his bright face.
7. Witness creation,
Christ’s birth, and God’s plan;
Then praise him forever,
And rest in his hand.
1. You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me (Psalm 138:7; NLT).
Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me (Psalm 23:4; KJV).
2. I hold you by your right hand – I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, “Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you” (Isaiah 41:13; NLT).
3,4. No power in the sky above or in the earth below – indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:39; NLT).
5. There is one Lord […] who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
6. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1; NLT).
They will see God’s face (Job 33:26; NIV).
7. This is God’s plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children (Ephesians 3:6; NLT).
I will praise you forever, O God (Psalm 52:9; NLT).
I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28; NLT).
The Lord will hold you in his hand (Isaiah 62:3; NLT).
1. Help me, Lord, to rest in you today:
To look for you
In all who come my way;
To be like you
In all I think and feel,
So I can help this broken world
2. Help me to remain in you today:
To care, like you,
For all who come my way;
To be like you
In all I say and do,
So I can offer love to all,
1. My soul finds rest in God (Psalm 62:1; NIV).
Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Matthew 11:28-9; NLT).
Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40; NIV).
We live like Jesus here in this world (1 John 4:17; NLT).
Even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others (Mark 10:45; NLT).
2. Remain in me, and I will remain in you (John 15:4; NLT).
If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing (John 15:5; NLT).
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love (Galatians 5:6; NIV).
Speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
Do everything with love (1 Corinthians 16:14; NLT).
Love your neighbour as yourself (Luke 10:27; NLT).
You have not handed me over to my enemies
but have set me in a safe place (Psalm 31:8; NLT).
1. Breathe in Christ’s peace.
2. Bask in his light.
3. Drink in his truth.
4. Rest in his might.
5. Dance in his flames.
6. Wash in his blood.
7. Feast on his bread.
8. Live in his love.
Nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us
from the love of God that is revealed
in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:39; NLT).
1. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you (John 14:27; NKJV).
2. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
I am the light of the world (John 8:12; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6; NLT).
4. The Lord your God is the God of gods and Lord of lords. He is the great God, the mighty and awesome God, who shows no partiality and cannot be bribed (Deuteronomy 10:17; NLT).
The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command (Hebrews 1:3; NLT).
5. God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; NIV).
I have come to set the world on fire (Luke 12:49; NLT).
6. “Go,” [Jesus] told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam.” So the man went and washed, and came home seeing (John 9:7; NIV).
The blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins ( Hebrews 9:14; NLT).
7. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! (Luke 12:24; NIV).
I am the living bread (John 6:51; NLT).
8. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us (Colossians 3:11; NLT).