Search me, O God, and know my heart (Psalm 139:23; NLT).
1. Search me, Lord,
Then live within,
And help me fight
Each urge to sin.
2. Search my mind,
I beg you; stay
To help me keep
Mean thoughts at bay.
3. Search my heart,
In me, and help me
Face each test.
4. Search my soul,
Make it your home,
Then, Lord, I’ll be
Your flesh and bone.
1. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them (1 John 4:16; NIV).
Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak (Mark 14:38; NLT).
2. I, the Lord, search the heart and examine the mind (Jeremiah 17:10; NIV).
We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5; NIV).
3. The Lord tests the heart (Proverbs 17:3; NLT).
Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
4. The word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Hebrews 4:12; NIV).
Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them” (John 14:23; NLT).
All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it (1 Corinthians 12:27; NLT).
The Spirit of God lives in you (1 Corinthians 3:16; NLT).
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self […];
to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self,
created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
(Ephesians 4:22-4; NIV).
1. Father God,
May constant prayer
Become our way of life.
May the search for peace and truth
Be our delight.
May our simple acts of care
Set hearts aflame.
May we spread your love,
So others bless your name.
1. Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence (Psalm 16:11; NLT).
2. Search for peace, and work to maintain it (Psalm 34:14; NLT).
Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone (Romans 12:18; NLT).
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6; NLT).
The meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace (Psalm 37:11; NKJV).
3. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love (Hebrews 10:24; NLT).
4. Love your neighbour as yourself (Mark 12:31; NLT).
Love the stranger (Deuteronomy 10:19; NKJV).
Show love to foreigners (Deuteronomy 10:19; NLT).
Love your enemies (Matthew 5:44; NIV).
May everyone on earth bless his holy name forever and ever (Psalm 145:21; NLT).