1. Please forgive my ignorance,
And teach me, Lord, to follow you.
2. Please forgive my weaknesses;
Help me to serve in all I do.
3. Please forgive my selfishness,
Then I’ll see you in everyone.
4. Please forgive my carelessness,
So I will grow like you, God’s Son.
5. Please forgive my foolishness:
May I reflect your wise concern;
6. And please forgive my sinfulness:
Don’t punish me, but help me learn.
1. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them (Ephesians 4:18; NIV).
Teach me how to live, O Lord. Lead me along the right path (Psalm 27:11; NLT).
2. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all the same testings we do (Hebrews 4:15; NLT).
3. Then he [Jesus] said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40; NIV).
4. We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
5. People ruin their lives by their own foolishness (Proverbs 19:3; NLT).
All of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18; NLT).
God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them (Exodus 2:25; NIV).
6. The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbour his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities (Psalm 103:8-10; NIV).
I desire to do your will, my God (Psalm 40:8; NLT).
Please remove from me
All foolish pride and vanity;
All judging of my fellows, Lord:
Your will, my mind – In full accord.
Please remove from me
All selfishness and jealousy;
All quarrelling, and hatred, Lord:
Your will, my heart – In true accord.
Please remove from me
All arrogance and gluttony;
All callousness, and slander, Lord:
Your will, my soul – In one accord.
1. I will not endure conceit and pride (Psalm 101:5; NLT).
Do not judge others, and you will not be judged (Luke 6:37; NLT).
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:5; NKJV).
2. When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarrelling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties and other sins like these (Galatians 5:19-21; NLT).
He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love (Romans 5:5; NLT).
I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever (Jeremiah 32:39; NLT).
3. From within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you (Mark 7:21-22; NLT).
I hate pride and arrogance (Proverbs 8:13; NLT).
I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbours (Psalm 101:5; NLT).
He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him (1 Corinthians 6:17; NKJV).
Only God can turn the dark night into glorious heavenly light
1. Turn our suffering
Into perfect sight.
2. Turn our faithlessness
Into dazzling light.
3. Turn our sinfulness
Into eager care.
4. Turn our selfishness
Into joyful prayer.
5. Turn our enmity
Into healing rest;
6. And turn our dying
Into life eternal,
When we’ve faced
1. We long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering [and] wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us (Romans 8:23; NLT).
Jesus told him, “I entered this world to render judgement – to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind” (John 9:39; NLT).
2. Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief” (Mark 9:24; NIV).
Trust in God (John 14:1; NLT).
The Lord turns my darkness into light (2 Samuel 22:29; NIV).
3. Just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God’s wonderful grace rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 5:21; NLT).
4. Turn from your selfish ways (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18; NIV).
5. Love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you (Luke 6:27; NLT)
The Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, has said: “You will be delivered by returning and resting; your strength will lie in quiet confidence (Isaiah 30:15; CSB).
6. Those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life (John 5:24; NLT).
Our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies (1 Corinthians 15:53; NLT).
Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying” (John 11:25; NLT).
The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul (Deuteronomy 13:3; NIV).