Image: Photo Mix, Pixabay
My beloved is mine and I am his
(Song of Songs 2:16; NIV).
1. I belong to you, Lord God,
And you belong to me.
2. Whatever hardships I must face,
And though I long to flee,
3. Help me to learn from everything,
And then to start anew,
4. For you belong to me, Lord God,
And I belong to you.
No power in the sky above or in the earth below – indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:39; NLT).
1. You and I both belong to God (Job 33:6; NLT).
My heart may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever (Psalm 73:26; NLT).
2. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
Lord, see my anguish! My heart is broken and my soul despairs (Lamentations 1:20; NLT).
Then I realised that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant – I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you. Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel (Psalm 73:21-24; NLT).
3. Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Matthew 11:28-9; NLT).
Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord (Lamentations 3:40; KJV).
4. God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever (Psalm 73:26; NLT).
I still belong to you (Psalm 73:23; NLT).