Come to me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Matthew 11:28-9; NKJV).
You are our wayside shrine,
Our sanctuary, Our bread, our wine;
Our rest, our strength,
Our life, our breath,
Jesus told her,
“I am the resurrection and the life.
Anyone who believes in me will live,
Even after dying” (John 11:25; NKJV).
I will put my dwelling-place among you
(Leviticus 26:11; NIV).
1. May my flesh, Lord, be a tent,
Where you encamp in light.
Then I’ll spend all my days with you,
And rest with you at night.
2. May my mind, Lord, be a fort,
Where you establish peace.
Then I will pray, rejoice in you,
And worship without cease.
3. May my heart, Lord, be a home,
Where you outpour your love.
Then you will be my inner voice,
And help me to do good.
4. May my soul, Lord, be a shrine,
Where you preside, in grace.
Then you will be my Comforter,
And I your dwelling-place.
1. We know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself (2 Corinthians 5:1; NLT).
I have always moved from one place to another with a tent and a Tabernacle as my dwelling (2 Samuel 7:6; NLT).
Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light (Micah 7:8; NLT).
Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them (1 John 4:16; NIV).
2. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my saviour; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety (2 Samuel 22:2-3; NLT).
Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
Rejoice in the Lord (Psalm 32:11; NLT).
You must fear the Lord your God and worship him (Deuteronomy 10:20; NLT).
3. Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them” (John 14:23; NLT).
With the Lord there is unfailing love. His redemption overflows (Psalm 130:7; NLT).
After the fire [there came] a still small voice (1 Kings 19:12; KJV).
Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone (Galatians 6:10; NLT).
4. You are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:16; NLT).
Just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God’s wonderful grace rules instead (Romans 5:21; NLT).
I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever (John 14:16; KJV).
I will comfort you (Isaiah 66:13; NKJV).
My dwelling-place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people (Ezekiel 37:27; NIV).