1. Darkness is the same
Both conceal God
From my sight.
2. Wrapped in shadow,
He guides my spirit,
Day and night.
3. Light and dark
Are just the same:
His sacred name,
4. Which cleanses me
Of sin and shame,
And sets my dying heart
1. Darkness and light are the same to you (Psalm 139:12; NLT).
He made darkness his covering (Psalm 18:11; NIV).
He lives in light so brilliant that no human can approach him. No human eye has ever seen him, nor ever will (1 Timothy 6:16; NLT).
2. He shrouded himself in darkness (2 Samuel 22:12; NLT).
The Lord wraps himself in light as with a garment (Psalm 104:2; NIV).
He is clothed in dazzling splendour (Job 37:22; NLT).
The Lord went ahead of them. He guided them during the day with a pillar of cloud, and he provided light at night with a pillar of fire. this allowed them to travel by day or by night (Exodus 13:21; NLT).
3. The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge (Psalm 19:1-2; NIV).
What a holy and awe-inspiring name he has! (Psalm 111:9; NLT).
4. You were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God (1 Corinthians 6:11; NLT).
My days vanish like smoke, my bones burn like glowing embers (Psalm 102:3; NIV).
Everyone will be salted with fire (Mark 9:49; NIV).
1. Once, you were here,
In the manger:
And brimming with light.
2. Once, you were here,
In the garden:
Anguished and grieving,
3. Once you were here,
On the cross, Lord:
In sorrow and pain,
4. But now you are here
In my spirit:
My Shepherd, my Saviour,
1. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them (Luke 2:6-7; NIV).
I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life (John 8:12; NLT).
2. They went to the olive grove called Gethsemane, and Jesus said, “Sit here while I go and pray.” He took Peter, James and John with him, and he became deeply troubled and distressed. He told them, “My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death” (Mark 14:32-4; NLT).
Being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground (Luke 22:44; NIV).
3. They brought Jesus to a place called Golgotha […] Then the soldiers nailed him to the cross (Mark 15:22,24; NLT).
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? (Mark 15:34; NLT).
4. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us (Colossians 3:11; NLT).
I am the good shepherd (John 10:14; NLT).
The Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world (1 John 4:14; NLT).
My beloved is mine and I am his (Song of Songs 2:16; NIV).