Image: Alok Timsina, Pixabay
Seek peace (Psalm 34:14; NIV).
1. Healing is a painful, lifelong journey:
In search of inner peace.
2. I struggle up the path to my next insight;
What joy to reach the top,
And what relief!
3. But every crest reveals a higher mountain,
And more beyond,
As far as I can see,
4. Until, at last, I glimpse my destination:
The hill, Lord, where you died
To set me free.
1. He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds (Psalm 147:3; NLT).
Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage […] They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion (Psalm 84:5,7; NIV).
I search for peace (Psalm 120:7; NLT).
2. Send out your light and your truth; let them guide me. Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live (Psalm 43:3; NLT).
Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand (Philippians 4:7; NLT).
3. The mountain of the Lord’s house will be the highest of all (Isaiah 2:2; NLT).
4. It is high and magnificent; the whole earth rejoices to see it! Mount Zion, the holy mountain, is the city of the great King! (Psalm 48:2; NLT).
They brought Jesus to a place called Golgotha […] Then the soldiers nailed him to the cross (Mark 15:22,24; NLT).
Christ […] has died as a ransom to set them free (Hebrews 9:15; NIV).
If the Son sets you free, you are truly free (John 8:36; NLT).