1. Please forgive my ignorance,
And teach me, Lord, to follow you.
2. Please forgive my weaknesses;
Help me to serve in all I do.
3. Please forgive my selfishness,
Then I’ll see you in everyone.
4. Please forgive my carelessness,
So I will grow like you, God’s Son.
5. Please forgive my foolishness:
May I reflect your wise concern;
6. And please forgive my sinfulness:
Don’t punish me, but help me learn.
1. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them (Ephesians 4:18; NIV).
Teach me how to live, O Lord. Lead me along the right path (Psalm 27:11; NLT).
2. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all the same testings we do (Hebrews 4:15; NLT).
3. Then he [Jesus] said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40; NIV).
4. We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
5. People ruin their lives by their own foolishness (Proverbs 19:3; NLT).
All of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18; NLT).
God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them (Exodus 2:25; NIV).
6. The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbour his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities (Psalm 103:8-10; NIV).
1. Trust in God,
For he is perfect,
And his mercy
2. Trust in God,
Who sent his perfect Son
To teach us,
3. Trust in God,
Whose perfect Spirit
Comes to free us
From all sin.
4. Trust in God,
For he is perfect.
And our task? To grow like him.
1. Trust in God and trust also in me (John 14:1; NLT).
Your Father in heaven is perfect (Matthew 5:48; NLT).
His mercy is very great (1 Chronicles 21:13; NLT).
2. God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16; NLT).
You call me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am (John 13:13; RSV).
When the fulness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law (Galatians 4:5; NKJV).
By the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins (Hebrews 9:14; NLT).
3. There is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death (Romans 8:1-2; NLT).
4. Your Father in heaven is perfect (Matthew 5:48; NLT).
Put on your new nature, created to be like God – truly righteous and holy (Ephesians 4:24; NLT).
You are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect (Matthew 5:48; NLT).