To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life –
this is indeed a gift from God
(Ecclesiastes 5:19; NLT).
1. I can do a lot
If I’m unhurried.
2. I can walk, Lord,
If I take my time.
3. I can still write prayers –
If I work slowly,
4. Searching out each rhythm,
Word, and rhyme.
5. I can do a lot
If I’m unworried,
6. Accepting how I am, Lord,
All day long;
7. Living in your presence,
And rejoicing –
8. For though I’m weak, and tired,
You are strong.
1. I walk slowly all my years (Isaiah 38:15; ESV).
3. Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes […] Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? (Luke 12:22-26; NIV).
5. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; NLT).
Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
6. Should we accept only good from the hand of God, and never anything bad? (Job 2:10; NLT).
I said to myself, “This is my sickness, and I must endure it” (Jeremiah 10:19; NIV).
7. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them (1 John 4:16; NIV).
His name is the Lord – rejoice in his presence! (Psalm 68:4; NLT).
8. He knows how weak we are (Psalm 103:14; NLT).
I am weary and worn out, O God (Proverbs 30:1; NLT).
Recognise that the Lord is glorious and strong (1 Chronicles 16:28; NLT).