1. A day full of shadows,
A night full of pain;
2. A dawning in darkness
To suffer again.
3. A mountain of torment,
A torrent of fears –
4. Where did my freedom go?
Melting in tears.
5. An infinite sentence
Of chronic ill-health
6. And the loss of life’s riches –
But God is my wealth.
1. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me (Psalm 23:4; KJV).
He was in such agony of spirit that his sweat fell to the ground like great drops of blood (Luke 22:44; NLT).
2. At noon, darkness fell across the whole land until three o’clock (Mark 15:33; NLT).
3. Days of suffering torment me (Job 30:27; NLT).
4. When you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go (John 21:18; NIV).
5. Why is light given to those in misery, and life to the bitter of soul, to those that long for death that does not come, who search for it more than hidden treasure? (Job3:20-2; NIV).
6. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; NIV).
How great are God’s riches of wisdom and knowledge! (Romans 11:33; NLT).