Someone who falls alone is in real trouble (Ecclesiastes 4:10; NLT).
1. I reach out for your peace, Lord God,
When troubles overcome me.
2. I reach out for your shining light
When darkness hides my way.
3. I reach out for your perfect truth
When lies are overwhelming.
4. I reach out for your constant love
When hatred wins the day.
5. I reach out for your raging fire
When evil overtakes me.
6. I reach out for your ceaseless hope
When no one hears my plea.
7. I reach out for your steady faith
When all my trust has vanished.
8. I reach out for your hand, Lord God –
And you reach out to me.
Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith, “ he said, “why did you doubt me”? (Matthew 14:31; NIV).
1. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
Troubles without number have surrounded me (Psalm 40:12; CSB).
2. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
The way of the wicked is like total darkness (Proverbs 4:19; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
All day long they scheme and lie (Psalm 38:12; NIV).
4. God is love (1 John 4:16; NLT).
Hatred stirs up conflict (Proverbs 10:12; NIV).
5. God is a raging fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; GW).
“They have infuriated me with all their evil deeds,” says the Lord (Jeremiah 32:30; NLT).
You will see what an evil, bitter thing it is to abandon the Lord your God (Jeremiah 2:19; NLT).
6. God [is] the source of hope (Romans 15:13; NLT).
There is no one who hears your words (Isaiah 41:26; NKJV).
7. The promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift (Romans 4:16; NLT).
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? (Psalm 22:1; NLT).
8. Then he [Jesus] said to Thomas, […] “Reach out your hand” (John 20:27; NIV).
You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me (Psalm 138:7; NLT).
1. Be an instant friend
For strangers –
Everyone whose path you cross.
2. Be an instant friend
For strangers –
Those in trouble, need, or loss.
3. Be an instant friend
For strangers –
Helping is our sacred task.
4. Be an instant friend
For strangers – Love is all our Father asks.
1. See the Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37; NLT).
2. Which of these three would you say was a neighbour to the man who was attacked by bandits?” Jesus asked. The man replied, “The one who showed him mercy.” Then Jesus said, “Yes, now go and do the same” (Luke 10:36-7; NLT).
3. I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me (Matthew 25:35-6; NLT).
4. Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40; NIV).
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT).
Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all” (Mark 9:35; NIV).
In due season God will judge everyone, both good and bad, for all their deeds (Ecclesiastes 3:17; NLT).
1. Jesus is my Lord and God,
My comforter when I am sad;
Brother, sister, father, mother:
All the love I never had.
2. Jesus is my watchful shepherd,
Teacher, master, mountain guide;
Friend in need, defence in trouble:
He is always at my side.
3. Jesus is my close companion,
Strong support when I’m afraid;
Sword and shield when I’m in danger:
Rescuer when I have strayed.
4. Jesus is my paragon,
My light along the narrow way;
Bread, wine, water; truth, and life:
My inspiration, every day.
1. “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed (John 20:28; NLT).
Worship Christ as Lord of your life (1 Peter 3:15; NLT)
The Father and I are one (John 10:30; NLT).
I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, [Comforter, Encourager, Counsellor] who will never leave you (John 14:16; NLT).
Jesus replied, “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers? Then he looked around him and said, “Look, these are my mother and brothers. Anyone who does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother” (Mark 3:33-5; NLT).
God is love (1 John 4:16; NIV).
2. I am the good shepherd (John 10:14; NLT).
Since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you (John 13:14-15; NLT).
3. The Lord will guide you continually (Isaiah 58:11; NLT).
The Lord is a friend to those who fear him (Psalm 25:14; NLT).
He is your protecting shield and your triumphant sword! (Deuteronomy 33:29; NLT).
I will be glad because he rescues me (Psalm 35:9; NLT).
If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost, what will he do? Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders (Luke 15:4-5; NLT).
4. God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:21; NLT).
I am the light of the world (John 9:5; NLT).
Small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life (Matthew 7:13-14; NIV).
He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you” (Luke 22:19-20; NIV).
Rivers of living water will flow from his heart (John 7:38; NLT).
I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me (John 14:6; NLT).
Just as you have received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him (Colossians 2:6; CSB).