Image: S. Hermann & F. Richter, Pixabay
The Lord gave me what I had,
and the Lord has taken it away
(Job 1:21; NLT).
1. Give me back my joy again:
Please let me share your grace
2. Give me back my health again,
So I can serve you
3. Give me back all I have lost,
For then my trials
Won’t seem so long,
4. But if you don’t, Lord,
I’ll accept your will,
For when I’m weak, I’m strong.
1. Give me back my joy again; you have broken me – now let me rejoice (Psalm 51:8; NLT).
May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Saviour give you grace and peace (Titus 1:4; NLT).
2. “I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,” says the Lord (Jeremiah 30:17; NLT).
Serve the Lord your God (Deuteronomy 13:4; NLT).
3. I will give you back what you lost (Joel 2:25; NLT).
Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
4. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God, and never anything bad?
(Job 2:10; NLT).
If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine (Matthew 26:39; NLT).
To keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh. […] Three times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me […] for when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:7-10; NLT).