Image: Engin Akyurt, Pixabay
1. There is no better gift, Lord,
Than the faith you give each day.
2. There is no sweeter pleasure
Than to trust you, praise, and pray.
3. There is no higher joy, Lord,
Than to serve as you ordain.
4. There is no greater honour
Than to share your grief and pain.
5. There is no higher path, Lord,
Than to live as one, with you.
6. There is no finer witness
Than to serve in all we do.
7. There is no dearer hope, Lord,
Than to long for your embrace.
8. There is no deeper rapture
Than to see you face to face.
1. By grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8; NIV).
2. He is my God, and I trust him (Psalm 91:2; NLY).
This is my God, and I will praise him (Exodus 15:2; NLT).
Pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
3. Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself’. The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:37-40; NLT).
O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:8;’ NLT).
4. If we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering (Romans 8:17; NLT).
5. God has united you with Christ Jesus (1 Corinthians 1:30; NLT).
6. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love (Galatians 5:6; NIV).
7. As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him? (Psalm 42:1-2; NLT).
I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord (Psalm 84:2; NLT).
So he returned to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him (Luke 15:20; NLT).
8. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known (1 Corinthians 13:12; NIV).