This set of little prayers came to me whilst I was asleep. As I woke up, I could still hear the words being spoken aloud in my mind. Grabbing my iPad, I started writing them down immediately, as I knew from experience that they would disappear within seconds. Each prayer can be used at a specific moment, or said repeatedly in difficult situations.
1. When I wake to face each day:
Lord, I’m yours; you are my way.
2. When I hear your gentle voice:
Lord, I’m yours; you are my choice.
3. When I am about to eat:
Lord, I’m yours; this is a feast.
4. When I pray to you at night:
Lord, I’m yours; you are my light.
5. When I want to judge, and win:
Lord, I’m yours; forgive my sin.
6. When I suffer fear and pain:
Lord, I’m yours; I praise your name.
7. When I think I’m going to drown:
Lord, I’m yours; don’t let me down.
8. When I kneel before your cross:
Lord, I‘m yours, but I am dross.
9. When I see you, risen, scarred:
Lord, I’m yours, though life is hard.
10. When I share your bread and wine:
Lord, I’m yours, and you are mine.
1. I am the way (John 14:6; NLT).
2. I am yours (Psalm 119:94; NLT).
3. You prepare a feast for me (Psalm 23:5; NLT).
4. I am the light of the world (John 8:12; NLT).
5. He forgives all my sins (Psalm 103:3; NLT).
6. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord (Job 1:21; NIV).
7. Lord, save us! We’re going to drown (Matthew 8:25; NLT).
8. O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner (Luke 18:13; NLT).
9. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows (John 16:33; NLT).
10. My beloved is mine and I am his (Song of Songs 2:16; NIV).