No one can lay any foundation
other than the one we already have – Jesus Christ
(1 Corinthians 3:11; NLT).
1. We have to lose our faith
For it to grow.
2. Time after time,
All that we think we know
3. Will fail,
And we will have to build again,
4. Learning from Christ’s example,
Death, and reign,
5. Until our grasp
Of all he taught matures –
6. Then, grounded in love for all,
Our faith endures.
1. Anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins (Luke 6:49; NLT).
When your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow (James 1:3; NLT).
2. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them (Luke 8:18; NLT).
3. I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to me, strengthen your brethren (Luke 22:32; NKJV).
From the ruins I will rebuild it (Amos 9:11; NLT).
4. Learn from me (Matthew 11:29; NIV).
Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us (Ephesians 5:2; NLT).
The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David, and he will reign over Israel forever; his Kingdom will never end (Luke 1:32-3; NLT).
5. [I pray] that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith [and] that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may […] know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge (Ephesians 3:17-19; RSV).
This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ (Ephesians 4:13; NLT).
6. Supplement your faith […] with love for everyone (2 Peter 1:5,7; NLT).
Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught (Colossians 2:7; NLT).
Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us
(Colossians 3:11; NLT).
1. You love me, Lord,
And I love you;
There’s nothing else
I need to do.
2. I live in you,
And you in me;
There’s nowhere else
I’d rather be.
1. He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
I love you, Lord (Psalm 18:1; NLT).
Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent” (John 6:29; NLT).
2. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them (1 John 4:16; NIV).
I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me (Psalm 139:7-10; NLT).
[Jesus prayed] “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am” (John 17:24; NIV).
1. There is no other path for me
Dear Son of Man.
2. There is no other truth for me
God’s Holy Lamb.
3. There is no other love for me
Our constant Guide.
4. There is no other life for me
1,2,4. Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6; NLT).
3. God is love (1 John 4:16; NLT).
4. Oh that you would choose life, so that your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life (Deuteronomy 30:19-20; NLT).
We preach Christ crucified (1 Corinthians 1:23; NIV).