1. You watch us, Lord;
We watch for you.
2. You long for us;
We long for you.
3. You wait for us;
We wait for you.
4. You hear our voice,
And we hear you.
5. You love us, Lord,
And we love you.
6. You share our pain;
We share yours, too.
7. You live in us;
We live in you.
8. You’re one with us;
We’re one with you.
1. I will advise you and watch over you (Psalm 32:8; NLT).
Don’t let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning […] Watch for him! (Mark 13:36-7; NLT).
2. The Lord longs to be gracious to you (Isaiah 30:18: NIV).
As a deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God (Psalm 42:1; NET).
3. The Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion (Isaiah 30:18; NLT).
For God alone my soul waits in silence (Psalm 62:1; ESV).
4. He hears my voice (Psalm 116:1; NLT).
God speaks again and again (Job 33:14; NLT).
5. He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
I love you, Lord (Psalm 18:1; NLT).
6. In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
Since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too (1 Peter 4:1; NLT).
Jesus told them, “You will indeed drink from my bitter cup” Matthew 20:23; NLT).
7. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them (1 John 4:16; NIV).
8. Whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17; NIV).