1. Please forgive my ignorance,
And teach me, Lord, to follow you.
2. Please forgive my weaknesses;
Help me to serve in all I do.
3. Please forgive my selfishness,
Then I’ll see you in everyone.
4. Please forgive my carelessness,
So I will grow like you, God’s Son.
5. Please forgive my foolishness:
May I reflect your wise concern;
6. And please forgive my sinfulness:
Don’t punish me, but help me learn.
1. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them (Ephesians 4:18; NIV).
Teach me how to live, O Lord. Lead me along the right path (Psalm 27:11; NLT).
2. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all the same testings we do (Hebrews 4:15; NLT).
3. Then he [Jesus] said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40; NIV).
4. We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
5. People ruin their lives by their own foolishness (Proverbs 19:3; NLT).
All of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18; NLT).
God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them (Exodus 2:25; NIV).
6. The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbour his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities (Psalm 103:8-10; NIV).