1. Please forgive my ignorance,
And teach me, Lord, to follow you.
2. Please forgive my weaknesses;
Help me to serve in all I do.
3. Please forgive my selfishness,
Then I’ll see you in everyone.
4. Please forgive my carelessness,
So I will grow like you, God’s Son.
5. Please forgive my foolishness:
May I reflect your wise concern;
6. And please forgive my sinfulness:
Don’t punish me, but help me learn.
1. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them (Ephesians 4:18; NIV).
Teach me how to live, O Lord. Lead me along the right path (Psalm 27:11; NLT).
2. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all the same testings we do (Hebrews 4:15; NLT).
3. Then he [Jesus] said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40; NIV).
4. We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
5. People ruin their lives by their own foolishness (Proverbs 19:3; NLT).
All of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18; NLT).
God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them (Exodus 2:25; NIV).
6. The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbour his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities (Psalm 103:8-10; NIV).
Be sure that your faith is in God alone
(James 1:6; NLT).
1. God, alone,
Turns anguish into joy.
2. God, alone,
Turns darkness into light.
3. God, alone,
Turns hatred into love.
4. God, alone,
Turns blindness into sight.
5. God, alone,
Turns sickness into health.
6. God, alone,
Turns weakness into might.
7. God, alone,
Turns exile into home.
8. God, alone,
Turns dying into life.
1. It will be like a woman suffering the pains of labour. When her child is born, her anguish gives way to joy because she has brought a new baby into the world (John 16:21; NLT).
2. The Lord turns my darkness into light (2 Samuel 22:29; NIV).
3. Love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you (Luke 6:27; NLT)
4. The Lord gives sight to the blind (Psalm 146:8; NLT).
5. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases (Psalm 103:3; NLT).
6. To keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh. […] Three times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me […] for when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:7-10; NLT).
7. Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them” (John 14:23; NLT).
8. Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, after dying” (John 11:25; NLT).