And the star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was (Matthew 2:9; NLT).
1. One star, so bright;
One birth, one light.
2. One Son, so dear;
One truth, so clear.
3. One path, so short;
One gospel taught.
4. One Man, so brave;
One Lord, our slave.
5. One night, so dark;
One fear, so stark.
6. One hope, so small;
One cup of gall.
7. One life, so hard;
One flesh, so scarred.
8. One cross, so high;
One final cry.
9. One tomb, so cold;
One flash of gold!
10. One God, so good;
One path of love.
Image: Viola, Pixabay
1. While they were there, the time came for her to be delivered. And she gave birth to her first-born son and wrapped him in swaddling-cloths, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn (Luke 2:6-7; RSV).
I am the light of the world (John 8:12; NLT).
2. This is my dearly loved Son. Listen to him (Mark 9:7; NLT).
3. I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me (John 14:6; NLT).
4. Whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else (Mark 10:44; NLT).
5. Being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground (Luke 22:44; NIV).
6. If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine (Matthew 26:39; NLT).
7. The gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life (Matthew 7:14; RSV).
He ordered Jesus flogged with a lead-tipped whip (Mark 15:15; NLT).
8. Then the soldiers nailed him to the cross (Mark 15:24; NLT).
About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?”(which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46; NIV).
And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, he said, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” Having said this, he breathed his last (Luke 23:46; NKJV).
9. He took the body down from the cross and wrapped it in a long sheet of linen cloth and laid it in a new tomb that had been carved out of rock (Luke 23:53; NLT).
Very early on the Sunday morning the women went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. They found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance. So they went in, but they didn’t find the body of the Lord Jesus. As they stood there puzzled, two men suddenly appeared to them, clothed in dazzling robes (Luke 24:1-4; NLT).
10. The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! (Deuteronomy 6:4; NASB).
Only God is truly good (Luke 18:19; NLT).
Follow the way of love (1 Corinthians 14:1; NIV).
Love is the fulfilment of the law (Romans 13:10; NIV).
People look at the outside appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7; NIV).
1. At the heart of our faith, Lord:
Your way to the cross.
2. At the heart of our sorrow:
Your truth, and its cost.
3. At the heart of our worship:
Your body and blood.
4. At the heart of our mourning:
Your death, and your love.
5. At the heart of our hope, Lord:
Your rising again.
6. At the heart of our gladness:
Your kingdom, and reign.
7. At the heart of our purpose:
Your gospel and grace.
8. At the heart of our yearning:
Your kiss, and embrace.
1. He humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross (Philippians 2:8; NLT).
2. Pilate turned to the leading priests and to the crowd and said, “I find nothing wrong with this man!” Then they became insistent. “But he is causing riots by his teaching wherever he goes” (Luke 23:4-5; NLT).
3. He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me. In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you” (Luke 22:19-20; NIV).
4. We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us (1 John 3:16; NLT).
5. He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world (Revelation 1:5; NLT).
6. The kingdom of God is within you (Luke 17:21; NKJV).
7. My life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned to me by the Lord Jesus – the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God (Acts 20:24; NLT).
We are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus (Acts 15:11; NLT).
8. While he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him (Luke 15:20; NIV).