Despite a migraine, I was able to go to hospital for a stack of blood tests. Then my wonderful husband met me, and we went in the lift together: one floor up, and one floor down. This was truly the achievement of a lifetime for me, and I wept with joy afterwards.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light (Genesis 1:1-3; NLT).
Speaking and creating,
Comfort when my heart
Is breaking: You alone are God.
Yahweh, Never once forsaking,
Liberating: You alone are God.
Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood,
you cannot have eternal life within you (John 6:53; NLT).
1. I pray that all will eat your bread,
And drink your living wine,
Then faith will grow in every human heart –
2. I pray that all will seek your face,
And know you are God’s sign,
Then hope will reign supreme in every heart –
3. I pray that all will praise you, And become your holy shrine,
Then peace will dwell in every single heart –
4. I pray that all will trust you, Lord,
And realise you’re divine,
Then love will overflow from every heart – Including mine.
1. He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you” (Luke 22:19; NLT).
He took a cup of wine […] He gave it to them and said, “Each of you drink from it, for this is my blood” (Matthew 26:27-8; NLT).
Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness (Colossians 2:7; NLT).
2. Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land (2 Chronicles 7:14; NLT).
What happens to the Son of Man will be a sign to these people that he was sent by God (Luke 11:30; NLT).
No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts his praises! My body rests in hope (Acts 2:26; NLT).
3. Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour, who daily bears our burdens (Psalm 68:19; NIV).
You are the temple of the living God (Luke 17:21; NKJV).
I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid (John 14:27; NIV).
4. Trust in God, and trust also in me (John 14:1; NLT).
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God (1 John 4:15; NIV).
I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding (Philippians 1:9; NLT).
I don’t have the strength to endure (Job 6:11; NLT).
1. I lack the strength to serve you, Lord,
To give back all that’s due,
So I can only show my love
In everything I do. 2. I lack the words to praise your name,
To honour you, or pray,
So I can only show my love
Through everything I say.
3. I lack the strength to bear my cross,
To follow as I ought,
So I can only show my love
By checking every thought.
4. I lack the words to worship you –
Lord, touch my soul, and heal,
Then I will show my love for you
Through everything I feel.
Patience is better than power, and controlling one’s emotions,
than capturing a city (Proverbs 16:32; CSB).
1. Do everything with love (1 Corinthians 16:14; NLT).
2. We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
3. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart (Deuteronomy 15:9; ESV).
We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5; NIV).
To all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
(John 1:11; NLT).
1. Jesus, I accept you,
Father, I believe,
Spirit, I depend on you:
My God, to whom I cleave.
2. Jesus, I exalt you,
Father, I adore,
Spirit, I rejoice in you:
My God, for evermore.
3. Three-In-One, my Saviour,
You have set me free:
Words cannot express my joy That you, Lord, first loved me.
4. Shepherd King, I love you
With mind, and strength, and soul,
Thanking you with all my heart,
For you have made me whole.
5. Lord, receive my worship, Father, Spirit, Son:
Nothing can express my praise –
For you have made us one.
Whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
(1 Corinthians 6:17; NIV).
1. I tell you the solemn truth, whoever accepts the one I send accepts me, and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me (John 13:20; NET).
2. I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever (Psalm 145:1; NIV).
3. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the Lord has come (Luke 4:18-19; NET).
We love each other because he loved us first (1 John 4:19; NLT).
4. I love you, Lord (Psalm 18:1; NLT).
You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind (Luke 10:27; NLT).
He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole, and with his stripes we are healed (Isaiah 53:5; RSV).
5. O Lord our God, others have ruled us, but you alone are the one we worship (Isaiah 26:13; NLT).
There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28; NLT).
I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one (John 17:22; NLT).