1. In solitude, be silent,
And wait upon the Lord,
2. You’re overwhelmed
With waves of light:
3. Absorb God’s love
As you breathe in:
Forget your cares,
Your pain, your sin.
4. Then talk to him
As you breathe out:
Share every longing,
Fear, and doubt.
5. Listen to
His still, small voice;
Accept his remedies;
6. And learn from him
With humble grace,
For, one day,
You will see his face.
1. When you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private (Matthew 6:6; NLT).
Be silent before the Sovereign Lord (Zephaniah 1:7; NIV).
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him (Psalm 37:7; NIV).
2. God shines in glorious radiance (Psalm 50: 2; NLT).
Golden splendour comes from the mountain of God. He is clothed in dazzling splendour (Job 37:22; NLT).
3. Unfailing love, O Lord, is yours (Psalm 62:12; NLT).
Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28; NLT).
4. Pray about everything. Tell God what you need (Philippians 4:6; NLT).
You desire honesty from the womb (Psalm 51:6; NLT).
5. Listen to his voice (Deuteronomy 13:4; NLT).
After the fire [came] a still small voice (1 Kings 19:12; NKJV).
God talks with man (Deuteronomy 5:24; DBY).
Wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will fill you with joy (Proverbs 2:10; NLT).
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy (Psalm 28:7; NLT).
6. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle (Matthew 11:29; NIV).
Now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face (1 Corinthians 13:12; NRSV).
Remember, we will all stand before the judgement seat of God (Romans 14:10; NLT).