Angels came and took care of Jesus (Matthew 4:11; NLT).
1. Angel of the hour, I thank you
For the smile you offer me,
Prompting me to recognise
That God is here in all I see.
2. Angel of the day, I thank you
For your greeting in the street,
Causing me to recollect
That God is here in all I meet.
3. Angel of the month, I thank you
For your guidance when I stray,
Urging me to trust that God
Is with me on this narrow way.
4. Angel of the year, I thank you,
For you save me when I fall,
And you rescue me from danger:
God is in you most of all.
5. Angels, I am truly thankful –
You are sent by God’s own hand,
Helping me through this long exile,
Till I reach his Promised Land.
1. There is […] one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
2. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
3. He guides me along right paths (Psalm 23:3; NLT).
4. He rescues me (Psalm 35:9; NLT).
5. He sends his angels like the winds, his servants like flames of fire (Hebrews 1:7; NLT).
He will order his angels to protect you wherever you go (Psalm 91:11-12; NLT).
He chose the Promised Land as our inheritance (Psalm 47:4; NLT).
Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realising it! (Hebrews 13:2; NLT).