When you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you,
and pray to your Father in private (Matthew 6:6; NLT).
1. I pray, whilst watching Mary tend
The Christ-child, born in Bethlehem.
2. I follow, and you set me free,
The Son of Man, in Galilee.
3. I cheer you, rod of Jesse’s stem:
Hosanna, in Jerusalem.
4. I go with you, and hear your plea
Lord Jesus, at Gethsemane.
5. I gaze on you, nailed to a tree:
The Son of God, at Calvary.
6. I mourn; I lost you far too soon:
Your body lies within the tomb.
7. I eat with you, and you with me:
The Risen Christ, beside the sea.
8. Then, Lord, you let me touch each wound,
And help me pray, within my room.
1. Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea (Matthew 2:1; NLT).
2. Jesus went into Galilee, where he preached God’s Good News (Mark 1:14; NLT).
3. The crowds that went before and that followed him shouted, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” […] And when he entered Jerusalem, all the city was stirred, saying, “Who is this?” (Matthew 21:9-10; RSV).
4. Jesus went with them to the olive grove called Gethsemane […] and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me” (Matthew 26:36,39; NLT).
5. When they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified him (Luke 23:33; NKJV).
6. Joseph […] took Jesus’ body down from the cross, wrapped it in the cloth, and laid it in a tomb (Mark 15:46; NLT).
7. Jesus appeared again to the disciples beside the Sea of Galilee […] They found breakfast waiting for them – fish cooking over a charcoal fire, and some bread […] Then Jesus served them the bread and the fish (John 21:1,9,13; NLT).
8. After eight days his disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut […] Then he said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at my hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into my side” (John 20:26-7; NKJV).