Hello everyone. I pray for you all. Yesterday I was admitted to hospital as an emergency, so please forgive any shortcomings in my blogs, or my posting-times over the next few days. With love from Ruth xxxxxx
Image: Kranich17, Pixabay
The dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it
(Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
1. One day
I will rest again
By your side.
2. One day
I will walk again
With you, Lord,
As my guide.
3. One day
I will run again
Restored and free.
4. One day
I will dance again –
Then you will dance
He will wipe every tear from their eyes,
and there will be no more death or sorrow
or crying or pain.
All these things are gone forever
(Revelation 21:3-4; NLT).
1. Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28; NLT).
The Lord will be at your side (Proverbs 3:26; NIV).
2. Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength […] They will walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:31; NLT).
I will guide you (Psalm 32:8; NLT).
3. They will run and not grow weary (Isaiah 40:31; NLT).
He restores my soul (Psalm 23:3; NKJV).
The oppressed will be set free (Luke 4:18; NLT).
4. You will again be happy and dance merrily (Jeremiah 31:4; NLT).
God will redeem me from the realm of the dead; he will surely take me to himself (Psalm 49:15; NIV).
My beloved is mine and I am his (Song of Songs 2:16; NIV).
May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10; NLT).
1. At birth
We separate from you –
Living in exile,
Far from heaven above.
2. Each day,
We search for you as best we can –
Bearing our burdens;
Growing in your love.
3. Throughout our lives
We strive to do your will –
Serving your kingdom;
Following your Son.
4. In death,
We reunite with you at last –
Dwelling beyond all time,
For we are one.
Nothing can ever separate us from God’s love
(Romans 8:38; NLT).
Image: jplenio, Pixabay
1. I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb (Jeremiah 1:5; NLT).
You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13; NIV).
You brought me out of the womb (Psalm 22:9; NIV).
I will be a sanctuary to you during your time in exile (Ezekiel 11:16; NLT).
2. “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord (Jeremiah 29:13-14; NIV).
Then he [Jesus] said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
May the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow (1 Thessalonians 3:12; NLT).
3. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God (Psalm 143:10; NLT).
I want your will to be done, not mine (Matthew 26:39; NLT).
Since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear (Hebrews 12:28; NKJV).
Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me” (Matthew 4:19; NLT).
4. Then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NLT).
I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever (Psalm 23:6; KJV).
I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one (John 17:21; NLT).
All glory to him who alone is God, our Saviour through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen (Jude 1:25; NLT).
Now we see things imperfectly,
like puzzling reflections…
1. Light on water,
Fire from heaven.
2. Peace rains down
On earth, forever.
Love for all,
3. Truth streams out
To every mortal.
Faith is offered:
Make your choice!
4. Hope floods down
To all the nations:
Seek God’s Kingdom!
Hear his voice!
5. Ask the Father
To forgive you.
Into your soul,
6. Then, take your cross,
And follow Christ,
For he, alone,
Can make you whole.
…but then we will see everything with perfect clarity
(1 Corinthians 13:12; NLT).
1. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
I am the light of the world (John 8:12; NLT).
Rivers of living water will flow from his heart (John 7:38; NLT).
God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; NIV).
I am with you always, even to the end of the age (Matthew 28:20; NLT).
God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ (John 1:17; NLT).
2. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
He made peace with everything in heaven and earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross (Colossians 1:20; NLT).
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you (John 14:27; NKJV).
God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16; NLT).
He took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them and said, “Each of you drink from it, for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many” (Matthew 26:27-8; NLT).
He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes (Romans 1:16; NLT).
The promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift (Romans 4:16; NLT).
Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make (Deuteronomy 13:19; NLT).
4. I pray that God, the source of all hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13; NLT).
My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm (Isaiah 51:5; NLT).
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously (Matthew 6:33; NLT).
Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts (Hebrews 4:7; NLT).
5. Perhaps even yet they will turn from their evil ways and ask the Lord’s forgiveness before it is too late (Jeremiah 36:7; NLT).
To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12; NIV).
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
6. Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me”(John 14:6; NLT).
He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole (Isaiah 53:5; RSV).