Now we see things imperfectly,
like puzzling reflections…
1. Light on water,
Fire from heaven.
2. Peace rains down
On earth, forever.
Love for all,
3. Truth streams out
To every mortal.
Faith is offered:
Make your choice!
4. Hope floods down
To all the nations:
Seek God’s Kingdom!
Hear his voice!
5. Ask the Father
To forgive you.
Into your soul,
6. Then, take your cross,
And follow Christ,
For he, alone,
Can make you whole.
…but then we will see everything with perfect clarity
(1 Corinthians 13:12; NLT).
1. God is light (1 John 1:5; NIV).
I am the light of the world (John 8:12; NLT).
Rivers of living water will flow from his heart (John 7:38; NLT).
God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24; NIV).
I am with you always, even to the end of the age (Matthew 28:20; NLT).
God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ (John 1:17; NLT).
2. The Lord is peace (Judges 6:24; NLT).
He made peace with everything in heaven and earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross (Colossians 1:20; NLT).
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you (John 14:27; NKJV).
God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16; NLT).
He took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them and said, “Each of you drink from it, for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many” (Matthew 26:27-8; NLT).
He loves us with unfailing love (Psalm 117:2; NLT).
3. The Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6; NKJV).
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes (Romans 1:16; NLT).
The promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift (Romans 4:16; NLT).
Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make (Deuteronomy 13:19; NLT).
4. I pray that God, the source of all hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13; NLT).
My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm (Isaiah 51:5; NLT).
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously (Matthew 6:33; NLT).
Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts (Hebrews 4:7; NLT).
5. Perhaps even yet they will turn from their evil ways and ask the Lord’s forgiveness before it is too late (Jeremiah 36:7; NLT).
To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12; NIV).
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them (1 John 4:16; NLT).
6. Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me”(John 14:6; NLT).
He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole (Isaiah 53:5; RSV).
In all their suffering he also suffered
(Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
1. There’s no escape
Unless we face it all
2. There’s no relief
Until we place it
In his hands.
3. There’s no time out
Unless we share
4. There’s no release
Except with Christ,
1. Days of suffering torment me (Job 30:27; NLT).
If we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering (Romans 8:17; NLT).
2. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? (Romans 7:24; NIV).
Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Matthew 11:28-9; NLT).
3. You have taken away my companions and my loved ones. Darkness is my closest friend (Psalm 88:18; NLT).
Then all his disciples deserted him and ran away (Mark 14:50; NLT).
We know what real love us because Jesus gave up his life for us (1 John 3:16; NLT).
Let us also go, that we may die with him (John 11:16; NIV).
4. Heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony (Psalm 6:2; NLT).
My spirit is poured out in agony (Lamentations 2:11; NLT).
This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all the same testings we do (Hebrews 4:15; NLT).
1. We have no glory
Of our own:
Our only glory
Is the light of Christ.
2. We have no merit
Of our own:
Our only merit
Is his sacrifice.
3. We have no treasure
Of our own:
Our only treasure
Is his way of love.
4. We have no virtue
Of our own:
Our only virtue
Is his flesh and blood.
1. God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:6; NLT).
2. When you obey me you should say, ‘We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty’ (Luke 17:10; NLT).
3. True godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it (1 Timothy 6:6-7; NLT).
4. God have mercy on me, a sinner (Luke 18:13; NIV).