If the Son sets you free, you are truly free
(John 8:36; NLT).
You live in every damaged body;
Every wounded, fragile, anxious mind.
You live in every injured spirit;
Every broken heart, and those confined.
You want to heal each mind and body,
Giving us new life, for you are kind.
You want to set free every spirit,
And every broken heart you want to bind.
1. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us (Colossians 3:11; NLT).
The Spirit of God lives in you (1 Corinthians 3:16; NLT).
He knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust (Psalm 103:14; NLT).
2. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise (Psalm 51:17; NIV).
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (Psalm 147:3; NIV).
3. A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. “If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean,” he said. Move with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” Mark 1:41; NLT).
Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God (1 Peter 1:23; NLT).
How kind the Lord is! How good he is! So merciful, this God of ours! (Psalm 116:5; NLT).
4. He will give you another Advocate [Comforter, Encourager, Counsellor], who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth (John 14:16-17; NLT).
The Lord has anointed me to proclaim the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners (Isaiah 61:1; NIV).
I look to you for help, O Sovereign Lord
(Psalm 141:8; NLT).
1. Help me, Lord,
To worship you today,
To praise you
As I walk your Narrow Way,
2. To see you, Lord,
In everyone I greet,
And serve you willingly
In all I meet.
3. Help me, Lord,
To pray throughout today,
To follow you
Along your Little Way,
4. To bless you, Lord,
And thank you without cease –
For then I’ll live in love,
And joy, and peace.
1. Worship the Lord with gladness (Psalm 100:2; NLT).
Praise the Lord! (Psalm 150:1; NLT).
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it (Matthew 7:13-14; NIV).
2. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us (Colossians 3:11; NLT).
Be kind to everyone (2 Timothy 2:24; NLT).
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT).
Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all” (Mark 9:35; NIV).
3. Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17; NIV).
Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me” (Matthew 16:24; NLT).
4. I will bless the Lord who guides me (Psalm 16:7; NLT).
Give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18; NIV).
Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them (1 John 4:16).
You will live in joy and peace (Isaiah 55:12; NLT).