1. When you send us into exile
We are born of human flesh –
Our chance to seek your only Son,
Who shares all our distress.
2. When we give our lives to him, Lord,
We are born on earth anew,
But this time of your Spirit,
Who helps us to grow like you.
3. When we take our final breath
We are reborn in heaven above,
To rest with you forever,
Reunited, Lord, in love.
1. I sent them away to exile and brought them home again (Ezekiel 39:28; NLT).
Keep on seeking, and you will find (Matthew 7:7; NLT).
In all their suffering he also suffered (Isaiah 63:9; NLT).
2. If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God (John 3:3; NLT).
You can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit (John 3:8; NLT).
Put on your new nature, created to be like God – truly righteous and holy (Ephesians 4:24; NLT).
3. The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7; NIV).
Return, O my soul, to your rest (Psalm 116:7; ESV).
You have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God (1 Peter 1:23; NLT).