1. We share your beating heart, Lord God,
Although we may forget;
2. We share, with you, Christ’s mind,
Although we may not grasp this yet.
3. We share his mother’s flesh and blood;
Yet still we may not see:
4. We share your Spirit’s life and breath,
For all are one with Thee.
1. There is one Lord […] who is over all and in all and living through all (Ephesians 4:5-6; NLT).
Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the Lord your God (Deuteronomy 8:11; NLT).
2. We have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; NLT).
3. Here is your mother (John 19:27; NLT).
I heard what he said, but I did not understand what he meant (Daniel 12:8; NLT).
4. The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life (Job 33:4; NLT).
Whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17; NIV).