1. All our thoughts are prayers,
But we forget you share each one:
Good, bad, and uncaring, Lord,
Including those we shun.
2. All our words are prayers,
But we forget you hear them, too:
Angry, mean, dishonest, Lord,
Forbearing, kind, or true.
3. All our deeds are prayers,
But we forget you see what’s done:
Cheating, stealing, hurting, Lord,
We’re nothing like your Son.
4. All our lives are prayers, Lord,
And you know us through and through,
So it’s pointless to imagine
We can hide our sins from you.
1. Jesus knew immediately what they were thinking (Mark 2:8; NLT).
2. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord (Psalm 139:4; NLT).
3. The Lord sees clearly what a man does (Proverbs 5:21; NLT).
4. You, Lord, know my folly; my guilt is not hidden from you (Psalm 69:5; NIV).