I will give you treasures hidden in darkness – secret riches.
I will do this so you may know that I am the Lord
(Isaiah 45:3; NLT).
1. When I sit alone, Lord God,
To register my thoughts,
I face, at last,
My suffering, within.
2. When I sit in silence, Lord,
To ponder all I’ve said,
I glimpse, at last,
My enemy, within.
3. When I sit in stillness, Lord,
To weigh up all I’ve done,
I see, at last,
My sinfulness, within.
4. When I sit in darkness, Lord,
To contemplate my life,
I find, at last,
Your presence, deep within.
1. When you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private (Matthew 6:6; NLT).
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? (Psalm 13:2; NLT).
2. Be silent before the Sovereign Lord (Zephaniah 1:7; NIV).
Love your enemy (Matthew 5:44; NET).
3. Be still and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10; NIV).
God have mercy on me, a sinner (Luke 18:13; NIV).
4. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light (Micah 7:8; NLT).
The kingdom of God is within you (Luke 17:21; NKJV).
Christ lives within you (Romans 8:10; NLT).
You have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you (1 John 2:27; NLT).