1. May I be a child of God,
Whose Spirit helps me hear his call
To pray with him incessantly,
And ask him to forgive us all.
2. May I be a friend of Jesus,
Taking up my cross each day,
Serving him by loving all humanity
Along the way.
3. May I be a friend of God,
Our Father, who makes all things new,
Begging him to help us heal
This Eden, and its people, too.
1. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God (1 John 5:1; NLT).
The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness (Romans 8:26; NLT).
O that today you would listen as he speaks! (Hebrews 4:7; NET).
Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion (Ephesians 6:18; NLT).
2. [Jesus said] This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me (John 15:12-15; NLT).
Then [Jesus] said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
Supplement your faith with […] love for everyone (2 Peter 1:5-7; NLT).
3. Our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God (Romans 5:11; NLT).
The one sitting on the throne said, “Look! I am making everything new” (Revelation 21:5; NLT).
The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it (Genesis 2:15; NIV).
The Lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race; he looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God. But no, all have turned away; all have become corrupt. No one does good, not a single one. Will those who do evil never learn? They eat up my people like bread and wouldn’t think of praying to the Lord (Psalm 14:2-4; NLT).