Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ
(Ephesians 5:2; NLT).
1. Consequences flow from all I do, say,
Think, and feel.
2. Every act can wound, or soothe,
Can devastate, or heal.
3. Every word can hurt, or comfort,
Shatter, or restore.
4. Every thought can urge me
To despise, or love still more.
5. Every feeling tells me
To break contact, or renew.
6. Lord, please help me day by day
To grow much more like you.
1. They must bear the consequences of their sins, declares the Sovereign Lord (Ezekiel 44:12; NIV).
2. You did not reflect on your actions or think about their consequences (Isaiah 47:7; NLT).
Do everything with love (1 Corinthians 16:14; NLT).
3. What you say flows from what is in your heart (Luke 6:45; NLT).
Speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ (Ephesians 4:15; NLT).
4. Out of the heart come evil thoughts – murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person (Matthew 15:19-20; NIV).
Do not judge others, and you will not be judged (Luke 6:37; NLT).
Have the same mindset as Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:5; NIV).
We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5; NIV).
5. A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart (Luke 6:45; NLT).
6. O Lord, I cry out to you. I will keep on pleading day by day (Psalm 88:13; NLT).
The Lord – who is the Spirit – makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image (2 Corinthians 3:18; NLT).
Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him (Colossians 3:10; NLT).