Image: Miriam Zilles, Pixabay
Then he [Jesus] said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me” (Luke 9:23; NLT).
1. Daily, I take up my cross,
Thank you for your gift of faith.”
2. Next, I kiss it tenderly,
May I spread your love and grace.”
3. Then I put it on with joy,
Keep me on your narrow way”,
4. For my cross tells others
I’m a Christian,
To follow him each day.
1. By grace you have been saved through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8; NIV).
2. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love (Galatians 5:6; NIV).
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them (Romans 12:9; NLT).
3. Always be full of joy in the Lord (Philippians 4:4; NLT).
Small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it (Matthew 7:14; NIV).
4. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said (Matthew 4:19; NIV).
2 thoughts on “My cross”
A precious reminder of the testimonial value of our chosen jewellery. I too wear a cross but beside that cross is a golden anchor. In my hospital visits over the years it is the anchor that has started conversations which then lead to the cross, and then to Christ. Glory to God for providing such moments of faith sharing.
That’s amazing – I’d love a photo of your cross and anchor. What a great idea XXXXX