Image: Ruth Kirk
1. You give us daily miracles
It’s easy to ignore:
Light and darkness, dawn and dusk, Lord,
Seasons, tides, and more.
2. You give us daily miracles
It’s easy to forget:
Rain and sunshine, seeds and crops –
We’re always in your debt.
3. You give us daily miracles
It’s easy to dismiss:
The helpfulness of strangers, Lord;
Each smile, each hug, each kiss.
4. You give us birth, and life, and death;
This world, which you sustain;
You give so much, Lord, every day –
Until you come again.
1. As long as the earth remains, there will be planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night (Genesis 8:22; NLT).
2. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need (Acts 17:25; NLT).
3. Then a despised Samaritan came along, and when he saw the man, he felt compassion for him. Going over to him, the Samaritan soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. Then he put the man on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him. The next day he handed the innkeeper two silver coins, telling him, “Take care of this man. If his bill runs higher than this, I’ll pay you the next time I’m here” (Luke 10:33-5; NLT).
4. I bring death and I give life; I wound and I heal (Deuteronomy 32:39; CSB).
He sustains everything by the mighty power of his command (Hebrews 1:3; NLT).
He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him (Hebrews 9:28; NLT).
6 thoughts on “Daily miracles”
Beautifully written Ruth.
Thank you so much for your very kind words, Sophia XXXX
Very true, we take so much for granted in our lives. We don’t fully comprehend the miraculous from Almighty God in front of our eyes. Thank you for this reminder Ruth.
What a lovely message, Alan. I agree- I think we are often oblivious to all the wonders around and within us, as you say, just taking them for granted. NB I took the photo from my bedroom window at dawn on Thursday. It looks as if it’s been photoshopped, but it hasn’t! I do hope you will both have a manageable day XXXX
Hi, David, you are so right. It is a good view to have, isn’t it? I got up in the night and happened to look out at just the right moment, all totally unintentional. I love the night sky, seeing the stars and moon, and the reflections in the waves. Hope you will have a good weekend XXXXX
Amen, Ruth. We are always in His debt, yet many of us don’t realize it.
I like the photo as well! That’s quite a bedroom window view!